Alright, so I’ve been interviewed in 97.5 FM last saturday about my journey in GameDev.
Before the interview, the radio station guys had a quit chat with me just to know who’s Dherar AlRashoud. I was careful about showing them this game thinking they’d think it’s useless and silly. I was wrong. They loved it and one of them is thinking of converting to Android because of it.
That game me a good boost to invest more time in this damn stupid cat game.
Things I’ve added:
- Zbaidi: A shark randomly pops out of puddles. You die if you touch it.
- Taxi: They drive by. You die if it hits you (Although landing on it gets you more score).
- Cheezburger: Charges your energy a bit. Because ICANHASCHEEZBURGER.
- Trash can: Ramming into it gives you score. But cost you a bit more energy.
- Puddle: Touching it will make you fly and lose! CATS HATE WATER!!
- Pepper: Makes you run faster
- Coffee: Makes the game twice as fast
- Mustache: INVINCIBLE TO EVERYTHING!!! You can crash a taxi, punch a zbaidi, invincible to water. IT’S MUSTAAACHE!!!
- You can share your score through available ways in your phone (Not only limited to Facebook and Twitter anymore)
Things to be added:
- Better art
- More obstacles and power ups
The reason I’m not releasing the game with these features yet is because, well, I don’t know how to do those yet. So I’ll be experimenting with stuff then apply.
Anyway, I’m close to production version so if you want to give it a shot for feedback perhaps or want to add something, please do download it by scanning the image below or tapping\clicking it!
5 thoughts on “Ga6u Athwal: v0.1.5”
Hey I’m liking the progress so far but I have few complains first you should let the game Change the orientation even if we hold the phone upside down because some people have stupid phone cases like me which makes it hard to hold the phone without flipping it.also can you make the game hide the on screen home and back buttons plus the back button closes the whole game and doesn’t just go to the previous menu or ask you if you want to quit the game, and sometimes jumping feels sluggish and not very responsive that I have to tap 3 times to double jump
Yeah, I should do that… I’ll work that in the next release, thanks 😀
I’m not sure if I can actually hide them or not, because I’m using Unity3D. That being said, some devices (Like Nexus) ONLY have on-screen back and home buttons. As in, if they ever get removed, you can’t press home nor back. But yeah, pressing back to shut down the app is kind of silly, I should make it redirect you back to menu (Pausing a game and showing a screen is tough with how I structured the game, bad design that needs to be remade which what will happen in next real release, I can’t fix it now)
OK, this, I need to see why it doesn’t response well. I mean, I tried it on many devices and it works well. And I eliminate a 3rd tap code-wise if you’re in mid air. If that happened, that means something is really wrong… I know this might sound odd, but if you think that this really happens, let’s meet up somewhere to see why this happens. Coffee on me!
I wish man I’m not in Kuwait lol but I don’t the jump feels weird sometimes its good and sometimes it’s not responsive I’m on Xperia Z2 see if you can try it on the same phone.
I’ll try to see why it doesn’t work. I’ll ask few friends who have that phone to try it out. Could be because of a bloated phone or something is really wrong in my game >_>
Don’t know **