So I’ve been struggling trying to figure out some mechanisms that’d help improve the game’s quality. Which is why I haven’t been able to fork a 2nd beta of the 2nd phase of the game.
But right now, I managed to pull off some good stunts.
What I did so far:
- Replaced some performance-expensive renders and sprites with cheaper ones for better mobile experience.
- Improved some codes to make it run a tad more smooth.
- Added Google Play Achievements and Leaderboard (Although they’re disabled in this release).
- Added comical effects such as “POW” and “SMACK” for when you get hit and whatsoever.
What I have to do in the next release:
- Fill in the missing sounds.
- Figure out a way to pause the game.
- Add more Power-ups, obstacles, and mobs.
If you have suggestions for the game, please let me know! I’m all ears!