So I decided to take a break from civilization and urban environment and hit the desert with friends.
I’ll be going to AlSalmi Desert in Friday 23rd. So if you’re interested in coming along, read along!
What you’d need to bring?
- Food and drinks
- Mats and chairs
- Jackets and warm clothes; it’ll drop below 10c
- Flashlights. But don’t abuse it, we’re there to stargaze
- If you’re bringing a camera:
- CHARGE YOUR BATTERY! Trust me, I tend to forget to charge it
- 16GB minimum. AND DON’T FORGET IT! I tend to do so
- Remote control (Or cable release)
How to contact me?
- You can reach me in Twitter (@8GEEK)
- You can email me or use the contact form in this website or post a reply
- You can call me if you already know my phone number
Instructions and how and when and banana?
- Park in Saleh AlShehab school parking lot next to Mishref CO-OP
- I’ll be personally sitting in Starbucks reading a book or coding something, I’m not sure.
- We leave by 5pm to reach there by 6:30pm ~ 7:15pm
- We’ll be taking the 6th ring road to almost reaching the Kuwaiti-Saudi border
What not to do?
- DO NOT CALL ME AN HOUR OR TWO BEFORE THE DEPARTURE. You’ll only cause confusion and delay. If you’re going to be late, I’ll send you a Glymps to keep on track
- NO LITTER NOR TRASH! In all honesty, I had no problem with previous sessions at all. Just saying it to be careful.
Drop me a message if you’re interested 😀